The USS Carl Vinson Strike Group has been ordered to cancel its planned port call in Australia and instead deploy to the western Pacific Ocean region.
“US Pacific Command ordered the Carl Vinson strike group north as a prudent measure to maintain readiness and presence in the western Pacific,” said Commander Dave Benham, spokesman at US Pacific Command.
“The No 1 threat in the region continues to be North Korea, due to its reckless, irresponsible and destabilizing program of missile tests and pursuit of a nuclear weapons capability,” he said, in an unusually forceful statement.
On Sunday, Trump’s national security adviser HR McMaster told Fox News Sunday the strike group had been moved because “it is prudent to do it”. – The Guardian
What do you think is going to happen with the North Korean situation? It is clear President Trump is sending a signal to them that things are going to be different now. Yesterday, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson commented that in his talks with Chinese official they agreed that something needs to be done with the North Korea situation. Interesting.
Some are saying that the US may try to shoot down the next missile that North Korea launches.
Featured image of Carl Vinson Strike Group by US Navy